Article 1 (Personal Information)
"Personal Information" refers to (i) information about a living individual, including, but not limited to, name, date of birth, addresses, telephone number, contact information, and other descriptions, which enable the specific individual to be identified, (ii) information which enables the identification of the specific individual alone including physical characteristics, fingerprints, voice prints, and insurer numbers on health insurance cards , and (iii) information as will allow easy reference to other information, and will thereby enable the identification of the specific individual.
Article 2 (Acquisition Manner of Personal Information)
The Company may ask for personal information such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, email address, bank account number, credit card number, and driver's license number when the users register for the Service. Additionally, the Company may collect transaction records containing personal information and payment information from transactions between the user and our partners, including information providers, advertisers, and advertisement distributors (hereinafter referred to as the "Partners").
Article 3 (Purposes for Collecting and Using Personal Information)
The Company collects and uses personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide and operate our products and services, and for research, statistics and analysis.
- To respond to inquiries from the users (including identity verification).
- To send emails about new features, updates or campaigns of the Service, and other services offered by the Company
- To communicate as necessary, such as maintenance and important notices.
- To identify the users who violate the terms of service, or who use the service for fraudulent or inappropriate purposes, and to refuse their use.
- To allow the users to view, modify, delete their registration information, and view their usage status.
- To bill the users for paid services.
- For purposes incidental to the above.
Article 4 (Alternation to the Purpose of Use)
- The Company may change the purpose of use of personal information only when it is reasonably recognized that the new purpose is related to the original one.
- In the event of a change in the purpose of use, the Company will notify the users or announce it on this website using a method prescribed by the Company.
Article 5 (Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties)
- Except in the following cases, the Company shall not provide personal information to third parties without prior consent from the user. However, this excludes cases permitted under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other laws.
- When it is necessary to protect the life, wellbeing, or property of an individual, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of such person.
- When there is a special need for improving public health or promoting the healthy development of children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of such person.
- When it is necessary to cooperate with a national government organ, a local government, or an individual or a business operator entrusted by either of the former in executing the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and obtaining the consent of the person is likely to impede the execution of the affairs.
- When the following matters are notified or announced in advance, and the Company has made a notification to the Personal Information Protection Commission:
- The fact that providing the information to third parties constitutes the purpose of use.
- The details of the information provided to third parties.
- The means or manner of provision to third parties.
- Ceasing the provision of personal information to third parties upon the request of the individual.
- How to accept the request of the individual.
- Notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, the following cases shall not be considered third-party provision:
- When the Company entrusts the handling of personal information within the scope necessary for achieving the purpose of use.
- When the personal information is provided in connection with the succession of business due to a merger or other circumstances
- When the personal information is used jointly between specific parties, and the person is notified in advance or put in a readily accessible condition about the fact of joint use, the details of personal information to be used jointly, the scope of the joint users, the users’ purpose of use, and the name or designation of the person responsible for the management of the personal information.
Article 6 (Disclosure of Personal Information)
- When requested by the individual, the Company will disclose personal information to the individual without delay. However, if disclosing such information falls under any of the following, the Company may refuse to disclose all or part of it, and will notify the individual without delay if such a decision is made. A fee of 1,000 yen per case will be charged for the disclosure of personal information.
- If there is a risk of harming the life, wellbeing, property, or other rights and interests of the individual or a third party.
- If there is a risk of significantly hindering the proper implemenation of the Company's business.
- If it would violate other laws and regulations.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, information other than personal information such as history information and characteristic information will not be disclosed in principle.
Article 7 (Correction and Deletion of Personal Information)
- The users can request the Company to correct, add, or delete (hereinafter referred to as the "correction, etc.") the personal information if they find that the information held by the Company is incorrect.
- The Company will make the necessary corrections, etc. to the personal information without delay if it deems it necessary to respond to the request from the user.
- The Company will notify the user without delay after making the correction, etc. based on the provisions of the preceding paragraph, or after making a decision not to make such correction, etc.
Article 8 (Ceasing to Use of Personal Information, etc.)
- If requested by the individual to cease the use of or delete the personal information, on the grounds that their personal information is being handled beyond the scope of the purpose of use or was obtained by wrongful means, the Company will conduct the necessary investigation without delay.
- Based on the results of the investigation in the preceding paragraph, if it is determined that it is necessary to respond to the request, the Company will cease the use of or delete the personal information without delay.
- The Company will notify the user without delay after ceasing the use of or deleting the personal information based on the provisions of the preceding paragraph, or after making a decision not to cease or delete.
- Notwithstanding the preceding two paragraphs, if it is difficult to cease the use of or delete the personal information due to high cost or other reasons, and alternative measures necessary to protect the rights and interests of the user can be taken, the Company will take such alternative measures.
Article 9 (Revision of the Policy)
- The contents of this Policy can be revised without notifying the users, except for matters otherwise specified in laws and regulations or in this Policy.
- Unless otherwise specified by the Company, the revised Policy will become effective when posted on our website.
Article 10 (Inquiries)
For inquiries regarding this Policy, please contact the following:
Address: Roppongi ANNEX 1F, 6-7-6, Roppongi Minato-ku, Tokyo, 106-0032, Japan
Company Name: JAPAN CRAFT SAKE COMPANY
Please make inquiries through the contact form
Article 11 (Language)
This Policy was originally prepared in the Japanese language. In the event of any discrepancy between the English version and the Japanese version regarding the interpretation of the Policy, the Japanese version shall supersede.